how to delegate "unlock account" right

From: A. Tolga KILINĒ (kilinc@tis.havelsan.com.tr)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "A. Tolga KILINĒ" <kilinc@tis.havelsan.com.tr>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:52:24 +0200

Hi, I want to give some users the right: "unlock account" , so that they can
unlock locked user accounts when the administrator is away from the system.
How can we do That, is it possible??? I don't want to make the unlock
process automatic....
Regards,
Tolga

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unlock workstation without closing session
    ... There is the larger philosophical question; should the Administrator be ... omnipotent and have 'total control' over any machine in his domain? ... > account so you can unlock it. ... >>the session will close immediately shutting down all the ...
  • Re: Permissions to unlock Administrator account?
    ... you cannot lockout the administrator account...it will unlock automatically as soon as you enter the correct pwd ... leaving only the Administrator account there (I believe ... and unlock user accounts to our accounts so we could still use AD Users and ... Computers for daily admin tasks. ...
  • Re: Dang! Now how do I remove her wallpaper?
    ... "Not configured" will simply leave the corresponding registry at whatever it ... > I can log in as me (an administrator) on her computer, use GPEDIT.MSC> to unlock the desktop, then log in as her, and it's still locked. ... Obviously, it's only on her desktop, so she> needs to be logged in to remove it, and she can't log in without the> policy locking it again. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Unlock Computer?
    ... The Administrator can unlock it. ... If you have never entered an Administrator password just use Administrator as the user name and leave the password field blank. ... > and clicked (Lock Computer). ... > when I try to unlock says Rick then Password I click ok and still is locked. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: users locking eachother out
    ... A user must be an administrator to unlock a workstation. ... Windows Server MVP ... > One complaint is that some users leave their computers for good while ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)