Re: Patch Q320920 presists on wanting to be installed (even after it has been)

From: Adam Pavelec (apavelec[no_uce)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "Adam Pavelec" <apavelec[no_uce]@benefit-services.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:52:11 -0500

In article <uRtcoX71CHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP12>, George Hester
<hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK you might try this. Go into regedit and look at this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows Media
> Player\wm320920.1

It's there just as noted below (Value data = 1):

> Look at the Name IsInstalled. It should be 1 decimal or HEX doesn't
> matter. Mine says for Media Player 7.1 but under this key I have a
> FileList and then under that I have two subkeys File2 which has FileName
> msdxm.ocx and is for version 6.4.9.1134 and another File6 which has
> FileName dxmasf.dll and version 6.4.9.1121. The IsInstalled may be where
> the trouble lies.

As expected, my "PlayerVersion" shows "6.4" Underneath my "FileList" are
"File1" and "File2" -- File1 shows msdxm.ocx at version 6.4.9.1124, and
File2 shows dxmasf.dll also at version 6.4.9.1121

--Adam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Patch Q320920 presists on wanting to be installed (even after it has been)
    ... > matter. ... Mine says for Media Player 7.1 but under this key I have a ... > FileList and then under that I have two subkeys File2 which has FileName ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Are these issues simply the way it is with HDTV?
    ... matter what brand or model, no matter what the format - cable, Blu- ... to sharpness. ... Unfortunately, the media hasn't kept up and we are stuck, even in Blu-ray ... Same for the motion artifacts and edge artifacts, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Woman of the peoples bus tour hoax
    ... Blame it on her or on the media, it doesn't really matter. ... But if she learns to play the media, she may be a force to be reckoned with. ... matter what you think of her politics, Rachel Maddow is one of the best, most intelligent interviewers on TV, and always gives her guests the opportunity to speak their pieces without interruption. ... Even industry flacks will go on her show--some more than once--because even though she asks the hard questions, she gives them open space to speak. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Woman of the peoples bus tour hoax
    ... Tony wrote: ... Blame it on her or on the media, ... matter what you think of her politics, Rachel Maddow is one of the best, ... Vice Presidency in 2008. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • [SOLUTION] SF6800 booting problem [kernel/sparcv9/unix]
    ... The Solaris 8 media I used to ... To come out of this stuck state (console loops) ... Enter filename ...
    (SunManagers)