Re: Unlocking locked account

From: Sam Salhi [MSFT] (samers@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "Sam Salhi [MSFT]" <samers@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:48:51 -0800

You must be a domain admin to unlock account use the command
net user /active:{no | yes}

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights
"Ivan Karpov" <nbdnwhr@mail.no.spam.ru> wrote in message
> How do I programmatically unlock the NT domain account? Is there a
> difference between unlocking account that was locked as a result of
> incorrect logins and account that was locked as a result of
administrator's
> action?
> What Win2000/XP permission should my user have to unclock the account?
>
> Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unlocking locked account
    ... You need to be a domain admin or Acc Op to unlock an ID with NET USER but ... you don't need to be a Domain Admin or Acc Op to unlock an ID with an Active ... >> How do I programmatically unlock the NT domain account? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: delegation of AD
    ... eg: unlock account, reset password ... we already given required delegation to our helpdesk ID to perform the ... but its not working ("account is locked out" option is still is greyed ... if our helpdesk id tries to unlock the locked account. ...
  • Re: What is the setting for account lock out right
    ... Have a look at this KB, How To Delegate the Unlock Account Right: ... Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ... > I need to give a group of user password reset and unlocked> locked out account permission, ...
  • Delegation Has me Stumped. Please save me!
    ... How To Delegate the Unlock Account Right ... How to Grant Help Desk the Specific Right to Unlock ... Locked User ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Account Lock out
    ... The delegated group user still does not have permission to 'unlock" the ... How To Delegate the Unlock Account Right ... What rights to grant so that the user cannot do ...