Re: Patch Q320920 presists on wanting to be installed (even after it has been)

From: Wolf Tombe (Wolf@PresidioTrust.gov)
Date: 02/18/03

From: "Wolf Tombe" <Wolf@PresidioTrust.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:49:13 -0800

Thanks, there is comfort in know it's not just happening to us here.

Hopefully if enough people speak up about it Microsoft will resolve it.
Right now it's a major pain for us as all of our servers are giving false
update notices and we have to manually check to see if its a "real" update
or not.

Wolf

"Adam Pavelec" <apavelec[no_uce]@benefit-services.com> wrote in message
> In article <#8Ouic41CHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Wolf Tombe
> <Wolf@PresidioTrust.gov> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if other people are having this problem. We are several
W2K
> > servers here. We are receiving auto-update notifications saying that
the
> > following patch "Q320920: Security Update (Windows Media Player 6.4)"
> > needs to be applied. The problem is that we HAVE applied it, in some
> > cases multiple times, and the update tool still insists that "A critical
> > update is available and needs to be applied" Our installation log
> > clearly indicates the patch has been installed, yet the auto-update
> > doesn't seem to recognize this and continues to indicate that we must
> > install it (again, and again, and again). Anybody else having this
> > problem or know of a work around?
>
> I've seen this as well on both W2K workstations and servers. I have yet
> see a fix for this issue. Sorry I can't offer more help other than to
write
> that you're not alone.
>
> --Adam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Patch Q320920 presists on wanting to be installed (even after it has been)
    ... Right now it's a major pain for us as all of our servers are giving false ... > In article, Wolf Tombe ... >> update is available and needs to be applied" Our installation log ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Patch Q320920 presists on wanting to be installed (even after it has been)
    ... We are receiving auto-update notifications saying that the ... and the update tool still insists that "A critical ... > update is available and needs to be applied" Our installation log ... I've seen this as well on both W2K workstations and servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Patch Q320920 presists on wanting to be installed (even after it has been)
    ... We are receiving auto-update notifications saying that the ... and the update tool still insists that "A critical ... > update is available and needs to be applied" Our installation log ... I've seen this as well on both W2K workstations and servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... >> In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... >> Title: System/Network Administrator, Operations ... >> o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ... >> o 5.5 years of expert-level user/admin experience ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... computers installed in the White House. ... after the installation, hordes of NSA-types descended on the White House to track down the ... This is yet a different form of physical security: the early "smart cards" had encryption ... Bandwidth for connected servers, the path of the data, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)