Re: SmartCard Login Questions

From: Eric Osmann (eosmann@digital-privacy.com)
Date: 02/18/03

From: "Eric Osmann" <eosmann@digital-privacy.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:44:04 -0700

Not sure I can help with that, but www.digital-privacy.com has a smart card
login system already - you may wish to check them out. See
www.digital-privacy.com/online to download evaluation software - however you
will need to contact them directly for the smart cards and readers, although
any PCSC reader works.

"Leigh Davies" <leigh@*NOSPAM*ttmc.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm looking to implement a smartcard login system (to 2000/XP clients) ,
> budgets as usual are tight, so what pieces of equipment are needed? and
> anyone recommend a good supplier in the UK. Would I be right in saying I
> would need a Reader, Writer, and cards, or is the writer optional?

==----------
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
=-----

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Smart card Authentification
    ... > I'm curios about how a smart card and a smart card reader, ... > I'm thinking that they use public key cryptography to exhange the ... > like visa, that an terminal can connect to, and retrieve the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Smart card Authentification
    ... I'm curios about how a smart card and a smart card reader, ... I'm thinking that they use public key cryptography to exhange the ... public key of VISA. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Smartcard Security - Suggested Hardware
    ... They sell readers, card emulators and inline sniffers to see the data being passed between a smart card and a reader. ... They make quality hardware I've used on a couple of assessments, they also make a great magstripe analysis tool. ... The Smartcard Explores Set is a good starting point. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Why GINA in Terminal Services exports drives ( and smartcard readers ) ?
    ... I'm working on a replacement of MsGina in order to use a smart card ... reader and a PIN code to login into Windows. ... When the session 0 switches from local to remote, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: biometric (i.e. fingerprint), SmartCard and authentication
    ... key on your smart card you use biometric. ... > There are smartcard readers with integrated fingerprint reader. ... > enter your "Finger" on the Reader to access to the smartcard. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)