Re: SmartCard Login Questions

From: Eric Osmann (eosmann@digital-privacy.com)
Date: 02/18/03

From: "Eric Osmann" <eosmann@digital-privacy.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:44:04 -0700

Not sure I can help with that, but www.digital-privacy.com has a smart card
login system already - you may wish to check them out. See
www.digital-privacy.com/online to download evaluation software - however you
will need to contact them directly for the smart cards and readers, although
any PCSC reader works.

"Leigh Davies" <leigh@*NOSPAM*ttmc.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm looking to implement a smartcard login system (to 2000/XP clients) ,
> budgets as usual are tight, so what pieces of equipment are needed? and
> anyone recommend a good supplier in the UK. Would I be right in saying I
> would need a Reader, Writer, and cards, or is the writer optional?

==----------
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
=-----

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Smart card Authentification
    ... > I'm curios about how a smart card and a smart card reader, ... > I'm thinking that they use public key cryptography to exhange the ... > like visa, that an terminal can connect to, and retrieve the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Smart card Authentification
    ... I'm curios about how a smart card and a smart card reader, ... I'm thinking that they use public key cryptography to exhange the ... public key of VISA. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Smartcard Security - Suggested Hardware
    ... They sell readers, card emulators and inline sniffers to see the data being passed between a smart card and a reader. ... They make quality hardware I've used on a couple of assessments, they also make a great magstripe analysis tool. ... The Smartcard Explores Set is a good starting point. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Why GINA in Terminal Services exports drives ( and smartcard readers ) ?
    ... I'm working on a replacement of MsGina in order to use a smart card ... reader and a PIN code to login into Windows. ... When the session 0 switches from local to remote, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: access smart card without PCSC
    ... Depends on the reader. ... will get forwarded to the smart card. ... reset signal) and the card present switch is hooked to, for example, the CTS ... communication speed after reset if the card supports it (look in the ISO/IEC ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)