win2k - change clinet local user list at logon

From: Scott (scottscotland@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/17/03

From: "Scott" <scottscotland@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:24:22 -0000

win2k - change clinet local user list at logon

Hi,

I admin a network for a software engineer and I wish to restrain users from
adding others users to there local "user list".

- The majority of users require admin rights to thier own machine.

- Some users require "standard" access to several machines.

- I have a win2k domain and win2k clinets machines.

I need to forrce a "local users list" on a machine by machine bases when a
user logs onto the domain. That way any changes that are implemenetd by
someone with admin rights on a local clinet are overwritten.

Thanks for any ideas.
Scott.

Relevant Pages

  • PLEASE help: After Changing User Rights can no longer logon on to machine
    ... out the SAM files in the Win2k Repair and Config ... the Admin group and the local Admin user and Domain Admin ... >local machine has one local user account, ... Both of these along with my Domain user ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Im locked out of my Win2000 box as admin
    ... blank??, and now I can't login to win2k as admin, as it won't ... I have tried logging in as admin in safe mode but same thing. ... net localgroup administrators Admin2 /add ... I forgot to add admin2 to localgroup administrators, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Im locked out of my Win2000 box as admin
    ... I have tried logging in as admin in safe mode but same thing. ... I am admin in my winXP box, so is there any way I can set an admin password in win2k? ... net localgroup administrators Admin2 /add ... I forgot to add admin2 to localgroup administrators, so now when I try to add from this line: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Im locked out of my Win2000 box as admin
    ... blank??, and now I can't login to win2k as admin, as it won't ... I have tried logging in as admin in safe mode but same thing. ... net localgroup administrators Admin2 /add ... I forgot to add admin2 to localgroup administrators, so now when I try to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)