pop-ups

From: Shadow (shadowsports@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/16/03

From: "Shadow" <shadowsports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 07:12:53 -0800

Mike, Steve,
I am running Win2k pro also. Last night I got a messenger
service pop-up spam. Concerning to me, because I was at
windows update site logged on as Admin. which I never do
except for installs and updates. I see it was recorded in
the alerter service. Is this a security flaw? I am
confident I don't have a virus or Trojan. If this is
common, I won't worry. A big storm had kept me off DSL
and out from behind my firewall.

Thanks,
Rick