System can't find the file c:\winnt\temp\...

From: xhx (xhuixu@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/14/03

From: "xhx" <xhuixu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:49:57 -0800

I recently download some files from Dell web site for
doing update driver. Those files do self-extracting
diskette set. After I click setup by running the program I
downloaded, it ask me to insert 1 formatted diskette into
A: and press enter to continue. After I hit the enter, I
always got am error message, "the system cannot find the
file c:\winnt\temp\~wzs2978.tmp\de123451.exe".(The file
and dirctory are example) I checked the dirctory and file,
they are there. I checked the properties, the system has
full control on it. I don't know what's wrong. I run a
couple of files having the same problem. I recently did
some security implementation on registry and file system
by following our security policy. I couldn't figure out if
any setting will cause the problem. I'll appreciate if
anyone can give me a help.

I can run the program on the machine without security
setting.

Sophie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog
    ... File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog ... I don't have internet explorer to test but rfc 2616 describes some "security considerations". ... > extension without a sign of EXE, and issue no Security Warning dialog ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Some mail opens a blank page
    ... YW, Dan, and thanks again for your valuable feedback. ... Save that download link and Product or User ID for CA Internet Security ... and then run the Removal Tool to rid the machine of all Norton crapware. ...
  • Re: Short List of Security Questions
    ... Do you have a list of recommendations for windows? ... I think there are three separate aspects to PC security: ... get and download the latest Firefox and Thunderbird. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Most recent OSX Viruses.
    ... Apple has updated Java for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 addressing several ... security issues. ... Software Update in System Preferences or download directly from the Apple ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Smiley central Active X controls
    ... security setting was selected. ... It still will not allow me to download ... Does NOT monitor behavior on the Internet ... Why some spyware services may mistake Fun Web Products and its MyWebSearch ...