Re: Logon Scripts

From: Scott Wilhelm (swilhelm@sllboces.org)
Date: 02/14/03

From: "Scott Wilhelm" <swilhelm@sllboces.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:24:16 -0500

I was looking for anything, but then I found out VBscript has .RegRead, so I
put together a VBS :)

Thanks!

"Bob Wells [ms]" <bobwells@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What type of logon script, Scott? Batch, WSH, Perl, something else,
doesn't
> matter...
>
> -Bob
> The System Administration Scripting Guide Team
>
> Microsoft TechNet Script Center
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter
>
> ONLINE version of the 1328 page
> Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide, Automating System Administration
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scrguide/sagsas_overview.asp
>

> "Scott Wilhelm" <swilhelm@sllboces.org> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create a logon script for (at this time) multiple OS's
> > (Windows 9x & 2000).
> >
> > How can I read the registry to check a setting? For this instance, we
> have
> > some systems that have DNS turned on with it pointing at the wrong
domain.
> > I want to check their registry at each logon to see if a key's been set
> for
> > DNS to be on.
> >
> > After that, I'd like to reboot their machine so that the setting will be
> in
> > place. How would I do that?
> >
> > If anyone could help me out with these, I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > TIA!
> >
> > Scott

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need help invoking logon script after logging in to VPN authenticated by RSA software token
    ... Tokens for VPN authentication, and it changes the order of the login ... Cisco VPN client appears before the Windows GINA. ... The logon script maps drives for the user. ...
  • Re: Running login Script problem.
    ... via Logon Script, such that the script would help to register the dll. ... script (a batch file, say testing.bat) and logon as a domain user. ... checked the registry key to verify the result, however, I find that the ...
  • Re: Display an acceptable use policy at logon?
    ... Storing it in their registry would be fine with me. ... There is one logon script for the users applied via a group policy. ... I have set up some folder redirection also, ...
  • Re: Need help invoking logon script after logging in to VPN authenticated by RSA software token
    ... I need help invoking a logon script. ... Cisco VPN client appears before the Windows GINA. ... The logon script maps drives for the user. ... Windows because RSA software token can't start until user gets in to ...
  • Need help
    ... v-dashe wrote: ... According to the description, you want a logon script to map drive letters ... How to assign a home folder to a user ...