ANONYMOUS account - what's it for ?

From: Jeremy Sun (jeremysun@hssc.edu.hk)
Date: 02/14/03

From: "Jeremy Sun" <jeremysun@hssc.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:08:09 -0800

To make a long story short: backward compatibility.

If you have full win2k, xp on your network, feel free to
disable it.

up side: Disabling null connection would improve security,
according to the MS guys.

down side: Some network distribution software (say, norton
antivirus corporate edition) would make use of this null
connection. Those software would usually make note in
the "trouble shooting section" or FAQ... that is, where
you will only check out when you got problems...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disabling WINS/NetBIOS name resolution in CE 4.1
    ... connection since it would not have to share the line with any other traffic. ... saying something like "I put a sniffer on my network to debug some ... disabling name resolution entirely would be acceptable if it would stop ... the netbios broadcasts. ...
  • Re: Local Access Only, Unidentified Network
    ... Look in the computer's manual on how to disable the Network Card. ... It says I'm connected to the router with excellent signal ... disabling IPv6 ... Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection: ...
  • Re: Delayed network connection on boot - Clean install
    ... Have you tried disabling ipV6 yet? ... It could be something other than the network connection itself causing ... Didnt work! ...
  • Re: A Network Cable is Unplugged Message in Taskbar
    ... expand the Network adapters category. ... > you ARE on a network and need a network connection. ... >> I've re-installed the latest drivers for the modem. ... >> I've tried disabling all but the Local Area Connection 2, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)