Re: Time issue

From: AD (ajd777@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/13/03

From: "AD" <ajd777@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:11:19 -0000

Hi Dan,

Download W32time.exe from MS FTP site.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/y2kfix/x86/w32time/

This is MS implementation of NTP and should integrate with windows 2000.
Does not require logon scripts or admin rights, instead it runs as a
service. Be sure to read the supporting documentation.

thanks

AD
"Dan Moesch" <dmoesch@pic-online.com> wrote in message
> I am running native mode 2000 AD, with 100 W2K clients
> and 70 NT workstation clients.
> I need to get my 70 NT clients synched with my local time
> server any ideas?
> I currently have a net time command in the login script,
> but that won't work since basic users don't have the
> right (I would have to change this manually on each PC!).
> My W2K PC's are ok since users have rights via my AD
> policy.
> Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, I don't
> want to have to manually configure each PC's rights.
>
> Dan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Two simple questions for Dan Christensen
    ... According to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, ... Articles 25 and 26 guarantee free health care and education. ... Why, Dan, do you want to have him / her / them harassed by your rat pack? ... whenever you post your lies about me I post the truth about you. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Re: Why McCain is still a winner...
    ... So you believe in states rights, ... don't tease poor Dan S. He's not filled with hate. ... The Religious God was created by man, therefore ordained by God is ordained ... Truth never changes ... ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: nbc Sliding further down that slippery slope nbc
    ... the right to board a subway absent a random search is not a right ... Our courts base that determination on our times and the ... not solely on the popular concept of "rights" framed by ... I don't insist that we give up rights Dan. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Rights to install programs via Zap
    ... Dan See the follow page: ... >>Subject: Re: Rights to install programs via Zap ... >>> Christoffer Andersson ... >>> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: The process cannot access the file...
    ... IIS / Server is restarted? ... Dan ... since you posted it in a public newsgroup, ... > rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)