Implementing Windows Updates

From: Scott Wilhelm (swilhelm@sllboces.org)
Date: 02/13/03

From: "Scott Wilhelm" <swilhelm@sllboces.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:46:31 -0500

We are trying to figure out how to implement windows updates without having
end-user interaction.

Most of our users (K-12 setting) are afraid of their computers, but we want
to be sure that their computers are updated.

Is there a way to run the updates (Win2k & Win 9x) automatically through a
logon script?

Thanks,

Scott

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Norton and McAfee - Am at a Crossroad
    ... >> and switch to Sym SB, for $421 for 5 license, when the OP only needs ... > I'm not a VAR or rep of any company, but I'm also not afraid to talk ... > use on your PERSONAL computers. ... > of the protected data/system is more than the cost of the protection ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [Newbie] LimeWire + lying teenager with admin account = ?
    ... [More completely non-technical stuff, I'm afraid. ... And when she is with her mother, ... It's not just computers: ... letting her down in several other ways. ...
  • Re: Implementing Windows Updates
    ... > We are trying to figure out how to implement windows updates without ... > end-user interaction. ... > Most of our users (K-12 setting) are afraid of their computers, ... > to be sure that their computers are updated. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: FIXMBR
    ... >> If you are given good advice and are too afraid to try ... >> I assume that you have rejected my earlier suggestion to ... >> give up computers and take up knitting. ... >that I use WIN98 floppies realize that my system is XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Blank Posts
    ... lady" and afraid of computers, has HS internet. ... Nor would my g-pa. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)