no sharing

From: eleanor banks (eleanor_3303@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/13/03

From: "eleanor banks" <eleanor_3303@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:01:41 -0800

I would like to know how to turn off networking on my
computer. If I do so will I still be able to log on to the
internet. Since I changed the settings I have be getting
alot of viruses.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What file contains the networking / internet settings in XP?
    ... I tried to hook it ot the XP computer and the Win98 one. ... I dont normally put anything into ... real nervous, because trhis is dealing with the TCP/IP settings, and I ... [Why the internet settings are part of the networking settings, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What are these Isass processes?
    ... Performance Settings, Advanced tab, Adjust for best ... Google Search on SiSoftware Sandra Agent ... suspect that things aren't right with my 'networking configuration' ...
  • Re: lost router password--query
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... If you don't remember the warless settings and don't remember the password, you may not be able to use wireless. ... If you don't setup Mac filter, wired should works in most cases. ...
  • Re: network card bridging failing on wheezy
    ... it should have either no explicit settings (everything ... When I look at the console messages, the networking doesn't show up even ... ifup didn't run, so I reinstalled ifupdown. ... I suspect this is a problem caused by the wheezy-backports Samba package not getting along with the regular Wheezy packages. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Its NOT A FIREWALL PROBLEM! its a DHCP server protocol problem.
    ... It just all sounded like techno-babble to me. ... I would suggest that when telling others to change settings on their computer, you give them a little bit more info on what the change is doing and how to change it back. ... This is sort of the way things work if you take your home phone from your house and plug it into another phone system; it gets the phone number from that house, ... networking aren't going away anytime in our lifetimes, ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)