Re: My Documents not secure between users

From: Danny Sanders (Danny.Sanders@cpcmed.org)
Date: 02/11/03

From: "Danny Sanders" <Danny.Sanders@cpcmed.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:51:55 -0700

Good deal

DDS

"Brent Glaser" <bgglaser@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
news:09f501c2d162$bd900e10$2f01280a@phx.gbl...
> Yep! It worked,
> I converted the file system to NTFS and then all I had to
> do was right click the DOC folder and set the security.
> Now when any other user trys to view the folder 'access
> denied'
> Thanks for the help!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Less Secure than 98 for Sharing Files
    ... >folders & shares such that I don't have to bother with individual ... and requires NTFS; ... >> can't formally scan for malware, ... recovery and non-automated file system repair. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Pro
    ... NTFS and is compatible with both. ... The young man who put the Windows XP Pro on her system ... >>> installed Windows XP Pro as a FAT 32 file system. ... >> - Open ONE copy of Internet Explorer. ...
  • Re: Sorry to have to ask this.
    ... The file system on a CD is CDFS which can be read by other OS'es.. ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... >>> dilemma of whether or not to go with NTFS or stick with FAT32. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Converting an 80 GB Exernal USB hard disk into NTFS
    ... So can anyone help me convert it into NTFS? ... every commercially available USB external hard drive that I'm ... I understand you have indicated that you want to format your USB EHD NTFS ... the FAT32 file system is perfectly acceptable for its use as a backup of the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FAT32 vs. NTFS
    ... using FAT32 vs. NTFS? ... FATxx is an old file system that is simple, well-documented, readable ... Without an official maintenance OS from Microsoft, ... 4k cluster size matches processor's natural paging size ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)