Re: file deletion

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 02/11/03

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:34:27 -0500

Absolutely: enable auditing:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#auditing

This requires the partition be converted to NTFS. Use the CONVERT command
if necessary.

"Bob" <schmidty@iname.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to log when a user deletes files on a
> Win2000 Server?

Relevant Pages

  • Compact Flash NTFS "Disk Read Error" on boot
    ... partition I would get a "Disk Read Error" immediately after POST. ... It looks like the disk management software built into Windows XP (My ... partition type byte properly for NTFS. ... You can manually set the partition type byte using the command line ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: NTLDR is missing - tried all the steps, but nothing works
    ... after installing the new drive and removing ... You did not say if your system partition is FAT32 or NTFS. ... I know that you already ran a similar command under the Command ...
  • Re: Conveting FAT32 partion to NTFS
    ... Re-Formatting the partition as it will ask you the File System. ... Instead use the CONVERT command at the Command Prompt. ... late Alex Nichol MVP that Carey mentioned in his reply. ... Converting a FAT32 partition to NTFS without first ensuring that the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: mounting windows ntfs partiton in rw mode
    ... OpenSuse in rw mode.. ... I used command ... Here my partition gets mounted but I can't create a directory ....I ... NTFS writing is not 'mature' on Linux. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • IDE HDD fail?
    ... This caused after this command: ... Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF ... Offline data collection status: ... Self-test execution status: ...
    (Linux-Kernel)