file permissions for delete only

From: Diane (dkuechle@meltel.com)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "Diane" <dkuechle@meltel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:15:52 -0800

I want to be able to set permissions for all users but the
administrator to not delete files and subfolders under one
main folder. I must be brain dead as when I try
combinations, I can get it to work to not delete but then
the user to cannot add new folders. it says "cannot
rename folder: access denied". It will allow the folder
to be created with the "newfolder" name but the user
cannot change the name. I need the users to be able to
add subfolders.

   Thanks for your help

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Folder Permissions
    ... I want to understand what permissions to assign to a folder and how ... that inheritence can be a little tricky to grasp at first. ... administrator through a console session, I double clicked on a text ... since I want all user subfolders off of d:\data\users to have ...
  • RE: Disappearing Network Share Subfolders
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... I understand that some of your Windows XP SP2 clients cannot view the ... subfolders in share folders on SBS 2K Server. ... Does the problematic share folder locate at NTFS or FAT32 disk? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: My documents "You do not have access to the folder"
    ... Share permissions for parent folder: ... Administrator: Full control (this folder, subfolders and files) ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: Do I need another certificate? NO recovering S/W!
    ... subfolders in this folder. ... administrator is still there, who is allowed to change security settings, all ... This is despite the security window of the file allowing the administrator ...
  • Re: Read path from text file to process directory structure
    ... Public Function fGetFolder(sFolderName As String) ... Dim FoldersArray As Variant ... 'Read all subfolders of the specified folder into an array ... 'The following string will contain the path of the folder which is currently ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)