Forgotten administrator password

From: Ron (rszabo@sanmarcos.net)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "Ron" <rszabo@sanmarcos.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:45:22 -0800

If you are a member of the administrator group in your
regular user account or there is a tool you can buy from
wininternals.com a product on ERD Commander called
locksmith.
software?
>I'm new to Windows 2000 and cannot remember what password
>was assigned to administrator.
>Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Jeanie
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Service - Event Log
    ... I didn't say the Administrator account. ... Administrators group on the local machine." ... I didn't advocate using a member of the Administrator's group; ...
  • Re: User rights and XPe Component Database
    ... - On a PC, I installed the tools and SP2 update, database etc.. ... - I create a new local user on this machine, I called it XPeUser ... I add XpeUser as a member of the Administrators ... Of course he souldn't be administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Switch from no logon to logon
    ... On 8/9/2011 7:42 AM, John John MVP wrote: ... Administrator ... member as Administrator ... pwd does not expire ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Switch from no logon to logon
    ... Administrator ... member as Administrator ... pwd does not expire ... You can get group membership with the net localgroup command, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Setting a password on an AD account...
    ... I assume it's running in a restricted account right? ... You don't use SSL to bind, and as this runs from a server which is not a domain member (a ... this one fails when the current user is not an administrator on the DC. ...