Re: phone dialer

From: George (haubica@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "George" <haubica@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 23:41:37 -0600

yes, yes you are right. it is there and it works fine. I am not sure how it was not found when I was searching, but that is not relevant now. thanks. now, we just need to test it on 98 machine. any ideas on where to get more info on what dll it needs and what versions?????

Also, does location of exe mean something?? can it just stay on desktop or it needs to go in program files/winnt? 98 does not have that folder I believe?!!!!

Best regards, George
  "Durand" <not@avalid.address> wrote in message news:OzkbifL0CHA.1628@TK2MSFTNGP10...
  Have you checked the program files\windows nt folder on your hard drive? The XP
  dialer is in there.

  --
  Durand

  ________________________________
  "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
  I have extracted the file and it is only dialer.exe. it runs fine until I try to
  make a connection. then it bombs and it is trying to send a report to Microsoft.
  here is the message.

  TAPI 3.0 Dialer and IP Multicast Conference Viewer has encountered a problem and
  needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

  I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. I forgot to
  mention that this is on XP Professional with SP1

  George
  "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
  I like phone dialer program that came with 2000 and It looks like XP does
  not have it.Is there a way to install it on XP,and additionally, where is it
  on the Win2K cd?

  Thanks for your help

  George