Re: phone dialer

From: George (haubica@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "George" <haubica@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 23:16:22 -0600

CAN YOU SPECIFY EXACTLY WHERE IT IS, BECAUSE I CANT FIND IT???? WHEN I DO THE SEARCH FOR DIALER, NOTHING COMES OUT. YES I HAVE TESTED IT ON 98 AND IT WAS MISSING 2 DLLS. WHEN YOU ADD THOSE TO SYSTEM FOLDER(FROM XP MACHINE) IT IS NOT WORKING AGAIN. I DON'T HAVE ERROR HANDY BUT I WILL UPDATE THIS TREAD AS I GET MORE INFO.

GEORGE
  "Durand" <not@avalid.address> wrote in message news:OzkbifL0CHA.1628@TK2MSFTNGP10...
  Have you checked the program files\windows nt folder on your hard drive? The XP
  dialer is in there.

  --
  Durand

  ________________________________
  "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
  I have extracted the file and it is only dialer.exe. it runs fine until I try to
  make a connection. then it bombs and it is trying to send a report to Microsoft.
  here is the message.

  TAPI 3.0 Dialer and IP Multicast Conference Viewer has encountered a problem and
  needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

  I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. I forgot to
  mention that this is on XP Professional with SP1

  George
  "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
  I like phone dialer program that came with 2000 and It looks like XP does
  not have it.Is there a way to install it on XP,and additionally, where is it
  on the Win2K cd?

  Thanks for your help

  George

Relevant Pages

  • Re: phone dialer
    ... Does anyone know how to set up the server for dialer? ... George ... Durand ... I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: phone dialer
    ... hosts the connection to the internet? ... ICS function on the host computer instead of using dialer. ... Durand ... I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: phone dialer
    ... needs to go in program files/winnt? ... Have you checked the program files\windows nt folder on your hard drive? ... dialer is in there. ... I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: phone dialer
    ... hosts the connection to the internet? ... ICS function on the host computer instead of using dialer. ... I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: phone dialer
    ... can it just stay on desktop or it needs to go in program files/winnt? ... Have you checked the program files\windows nt folder on your hard drive? ... dialer is in there. ... I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)