Re: phone dialer

From: J_J69 (J_J69.noreply@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/09/03

From: "J_J69" <J_J69.noreply@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:24:27 -0500

I came across this program also. But how do you initiate a call with it? Does it require an ILS server? Can to dial/connect using an IP number? I could not make any sense out of the help pages.

Thanks.
  "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e85RHY#zCHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP11...
  I have extracted the file and it is only dialer.exe. it runs fine until I try to make a connection. then it bombs and it is trying to send a report to Microsoft. here is the message.

  TAPI 3.0 Dialer and IP Multicast Conference Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

  I have the whole error report file if you would like to see it. I forgot to mention that this is on XP Professional with SP1

  George

    "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Onb5oc6zCHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP12...
    I like phone dialer program that came with 2000 and It looks like XP does
    not have it.Is there a way to install it on XP,and additionally, where is it
    on the Win2K cd?

    Thanks for your help

    George