Cannot Install "Enterprise subordinate CA"

From: Tom V. (tomvo@peckham.org)
Date: 02/07/03

From: "Tom V." <tomvo@peckham.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:33:59 -0800

Receiving the following errors when trying to install an
Enterprise subordinate CA after "successfully" installing
an Enterprise Root CA:

Cannot Ping the selected CA. Please make sure the CA is
running. Access is denied. 0x80070005 (w32: 5)

In the system log in Event viewer:
Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10006
DCOM got error "general access denied error" from the
computer <enterprise root CA> when attempting to activate
the server. {D99E6E74 - FC88 - 11D0 - B498 -
00A0C90312F3}.

Both the "successful" root CA and subordinate CA are
Win2k Sp3 member servers in a mixed mode domain. There
are no down level controllers in the domain however.

If you have any clues, I would sure appreciate the help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Certificate Authority x Active Directory
    ... of the questions you were asked was whether you wanted to install: ... Enterprise Root. ... Enterprise Subordinate. ... Stand alone root. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Installing a Enterprise Root CA in a mixed mode environment
    ... Enterprise Admins group for the forest and local admin on the server you are ... Any other reason why I cannot install a Enterprise Root CA on any of my 2003 ...
  • How to determine Role on a installed CA?
    ... Once a Certificate Authority is installed how does one ... determine if it has been installed an Enterprise Root CA, ... Enterprise Subordinate CA, Stand-alone Root CA or a ...
  • Re: Remote web workplace wont work
    ... Would you believe there is no certificate set up at all! ... SBS wizard someplace? ... Enterprise root, enterprise subordinate, stand-alone root, standalone ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Certificate Authority x Active Directory
    ... Enterprise Subordinate. ... Stand alone root. ... The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman ... I chose Enterprise Root CA.... ...
    (microsoft.public.security)