unable to access Default Domain controllers GPO

From: Martin Johnson (marty@karlstrauss.com)
Date: 02/06/03

From: "Martin Johnson" <marty@karlstrauss.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:26:05 -0800

When I attempt to access the Default Domain Controllers
Policy I get an error stating "Cannot find the file
specified". The system is running fine but this doesn't
sound very good. How can I correct this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Default Domain password policy issue
    ... The domain controllers are members of authenticated users. ... as for applied Group Policy objects for computer settings. ... Policy replication/version problems. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Blocking port scans on local network
    ... You can implement enumeration of SAM accounts and shares with probably no ... on domain controllers via Domain Controller Security Policy depending of ... domain computer that has a "require" ipsec policy assigned to it. ... between domain computers and domain controllers as the domain controllers ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Account Lockout Policy
    ... he didn't say that the policy would be *linked* at ... the Domain Controllers OU, just that the domain password policy would apply ... the Domain Controllers OU will still use the password policy that is defined ... they still utilize the domain-level account settings, because, again, the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Blocking port scans on local network
    ... > additional restrictions for anonymous connections in this security guide. ... > do not recommend applying ipsec policy wide scale without some testing of ... > between domain computers and domain controllers as the domain controllers ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Default Domain Policy Doesnt Apply
    ... Also to add that Group Policies are by default applied in this ... level will be overriden by any defined settings at the site, domain, OU ... account policies] are not being applied to the domain controllers since they ... > password and lockout policy can ony be set at the domain level for domain ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)