Re: How to script enable file auditing

From: StueyC (stueyc_public@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 02/05/03

From: stueyc_public@yahoo.co.uk (StueyC)
Date: 5 Feb 2003 05:31:52 -0800

Hi,

the auditpol.exe utility is for system level auditing only and not
file system auditing.

I have the same issue in trying to enable auditing on the file system
as a part of an unattended install and am looking for either a
VBScript object/function for doing this or finding a commandline
utility which will do for audit settings what xcacls does for file
permissions !

Yes I could use a macro program to set these settings, I normally use
MS ScriptIt! but this is really a last resort solution...

any info. much appreciated.

cheers
Stuart Coney

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security log
    ... If auditing was not enabled on the file system at the time the access ... then you're out of luck. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: File auditing
    ... Derek - refer to ... (the latter provides info regarding setting up auditing via Group Policy and ... the former explains how to apply the audit settings to a particular ...