Re: How do I break into a Win2000 PC

From: Mike (mjl000@hotmail.com.nospam)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Mike" <mjl000@hotmail.com.nospam>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:54:30 GMT

Have you tried the SIDWalker utility yet? From the builtin Windows help (F1),
search for SIDWalker for information.

"Stacey" <sbrown@truwest.org> wrote in message
Jeff, thank you very much for you input. Yes, the search
on lost admin password was quite productive. I think we'll
try your suggestion of slaving the drive. If for some
reason we don't get anywhere with that, we may just go
ahead and purchase the NTAccess utility.

Thank you sir!
Stacey

<sbrown@truwest.org>
>wrote:
>
>>Good morning all.
>>
>>We have a user who moved over to our area. She had come
>>from another network. I checked to see if the PC had our
>>local admin account in Groups/Administrators, it
appeared
>>there. Dummy me didn't re-enter the password taking it
on
>>faith that it was our normal admin password. SO...I took
>>it off the users old domain and put it into a workgroup.
>>Upon trying to login w/our local admin password it did
not
>>work. Now, no password will work and I cannot get into
the
>>PC. Of course, this user needs what is on that hard
drive,
>>which is why we were going to add it to our domain.
>>
>>If anyone knows of a way I can get in thru a back door I
>>would be most appreciative.
>
>A search on "lost Windows Password" would reveal much,
but in a pinch
>you could just add her drive as a slave to an existing
system, copy
>the data then reformat and reinstall.
>
>Jeff
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I break into a Win2000 PC
    ... Jeff, thank you very much for you input. ... on lost admin password was quite productive. ... >>faith that it was our normal admin password. ... >>Upon trying to login w/our local admin password it did ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Reset Admin Password
    ... >>Our tech person left the company without giving us the admin password for ... > FAQ: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: Forgotten Admin Password
    ... >I cannot remember my admin password, ... I am unable to Login, change the password, or ... >set up a network. ... Jeff ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Break Admin Code - URGENT!
    ... >is there anyway to bypass the admin password, or a program that will allow ... Try http://www.lostpassword.com/ for starters, or do a search ... Jeff ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)