lost cert server

From: Patrick (themuffinmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Patrick" <themuffinmaster@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:03:50 -0500

I am trying to resolve a few interesting problems involving a MS cert server
and one crazy admin.

a) How do I know if a cert is on a certain win2000 pro. box. This would be
from a ms server that has long since been removed with no documentation. The
admin at the time was not well. These workstations are in a Novell network
that will be migrated to a 2000 ad soon.

b) Win2000 pro boxes that have misc ms certs installed on them, that have
not been removed how do you remove them so they will not interfere with a
2000 ad migration from Novell.

So far my only solution is rolling out new workstations which I would like
to avoid if possible. I would welcome any and all suggestions.

Thx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL on IIS6
    ... The problem is the cert that I ... but if I use the SSL Diag ... the cert server create a cert that isn't working? ... > webserver) pointing to the IP that the website is using. ...
  • Re: Re: Problem connecting to VPN
    ... > It looked like the cert server or cert was not found. ... I am trying to connect to my VPN. ... Nate ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: OWA and SSL - Confused...
    ... I'm refuring to the documentation from MS KB# 290625. ... under the "Submit a Cert Request" portion of the document. ... Cert Server is on the same server as ...
  • !@#$% Cert Server
    ... I've installed MS Cert Server about 10 times now. ... client side cert requests from the browser into which I will install the ... since that is how the private key is generated. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: lost cert server
    ... > a) How do I know if a cert is on a certain win2000 pro. ... These workstations are in a Novell network ... > 2000 ad migration from Novell. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)