Re: help me stop pop ups please!!

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (
Date: 12/20/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:14:45 -0500

I agree. Firewalls like are free.

"neo [mvp outlook]" <> wrote in message
> I can only assume that you are asking for NT or XP and the steps would be
> the same. Go to the services applet and stop/disable the messenger
> Outside of that, you should really get yourself a personal/desktop
> for your workstation.
> "ron forsythe" <> wrote in message
> > i am running m e is there any way to disable my
> > messenger like you can on 2000? please help

Relevant Pages

  • Re: No audio in Messenger or RA
    ... >>(Firewalls off make no difference) Firewall settings ... >>exceptions for Windows Messenger. ... I have the same problem affecting John. ... But, please, have you any idea on why the IEEE box should affect Messenger? ...
  • No audio in Messenger or RA
    ... I cannot connect voice with brother either in messenger ... But Remote Assistance itself works ... Both using XP Home SP2 with XP Firewalls turned on ...
  • Re: Third time see posts on the 25th and the 28th
    ... As my original post was a week ago, ... Messenger, firewalls blocking access and so on. ... has to have internet access to work. ...
  • Re: Network Help!!
    ... the firewalls were not really off. ... >>> as a file server. ... They also purchased a new XP computer as a workstation. ... Someone had set up their network for them. ...
  • Re: W2K Domain Mixed Mode behide Firewall
    ... Firewalls in the middle of a domain are a real pain. ... For info. pertaining to what ports need to be open, ... > Server or Workstation, dont works. ... > with a PDC emulator, ...