Re: Prevent certain users from accessing internet

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 12/18/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:49:20 -0500

I believe you would go Start, Run, MMC, add the Group Policy snap-in, choose
whether to change the local Group Policy or the group policy on an OU
somewhere in your Windows 2000 Active Directory domain, then go to the
Internet Explorer settings as described by the other poster. I dont' have
Windows 2000 in front of me right now so I can't be more specific.

"Leo" <na@na.com> wrote in message
> >The other
> >suggestion about using Group Policy if all the computers
> are running Windows
> >XP or 2000 is a good one, especially if you also make
> sure the users are not
> >in the Administrators or Power Users group.
>
> All my users run win2k pro on their machines. How would I
> setup the group policy to block internet access for these
> users? I'd raher setup the Group policy.
>
> thank you
> L.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do you all manage employee workstations? Looking for sugge
    ... 314886 Some Issues to Consider If Windows XP Users Have Roaming Profiles ... Folder Redirection is a User group policy. ... client computer will be saved in one server box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How do you all manage employee workstations? Looking for suggestio
    ... 314886 Some Issues to Consider If Windows XP Users Have Roaming Profiles ... Folder Redirection is a User group policy. ... client computer will be saved in one server box. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... Antivir *usually* does not interfere with the installation of core ... Proxycfg settings WORKED. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... Be sure you back up the registry if you decide to try the steps listed under 'Reset the default security provider in Windows XP '. ... [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Antivir *usually* does not interfere with the installation of core system updating components. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Best way to lock down user profile on XP client?
    ... Templates\System\Don't run specified Windows applications] group policy to ... specified Windows applications] group policy. ... Using Software Restriction Policies to Protect Against Unauthorized Software ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)