Re: Prevent certain users from accessing internet

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 12/18/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:49:20 -0500

I believe you would go Start, Run, MMC, add the Group Policy snap-in, choose
whether to change the local Group Policy or the group policy on an OU
somewhere in your Windows 2000 Active Directory domain, then go to the
Internet Explorer settings as described by the other poster. I dont' have
Windows 2000 in front of me right now so I can't be more specific.

"Leo" <na@na.com> wrote in message
> >The other
> >suggestion about using Group Policy if all the computers
> are running Windows
> >XP or 2000 is a good one, especially if you also make
> sure the users are not
> >in the Administrators or Power Users group.
>
> All my users run win2k pro on their machines. How would I
> setup the group policy to block internet access for these
> users? I'd raher setup the Group policy.
>
> thank you
> L.

Relevant Pages