Re: Root Certificate - Increase Key Length

From: krish shenoy[MS] (kshenoy@online.microsft.com)
Date: 12/17/02

From: "krish shenoy[MS]" <kshenoy@online.microsft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:07:24 -0800

You would have to renew the CA with a new key, using a %windir%\CAPolicy.inf
file.

I think this is described in the help text.

The following should suffice:

[Version]

Signature = "$Windows NT$"

[certsrv_server]

RenewalKeyLength = 4096

Use of any included samples is subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/copyright.htm"
"Paul MacKenzie" <mackenziep@silberline.com> wrote in message
> We have Windows 2000 Certificate Services installed and failed to change
the
> default key length when installing our Enterprise Root CA.  Is there a way
> to renew the root certificate and change the key length to 4096 without
> affecting the certificates already issued by this CA?  TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Non domain member, IPSec VPN Certificate
    ... We have an Enterprise Root CA installed, running on Windows 2003 ... How do I get a valid IPSec VPN cert onto his computer? ... I need to duplicate the certificate (if my ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Enterprise Root Certification Authority not trusted
    ... Yesterday installed Enterprise Root and Enterprise Subordinate CA on ... Windows 2003 standard in Windows 2000 active directory domain. ... certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification ...
  • Re: Windows server ca : certificate renewal
    ... is simply submitting a new request. ... > I installed it on a windows 2003 server and I use a windows 2000 pro ... > I used the certificate enrollment web site to ask ... > And on the ca server I don't know either how to renew a certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Windows server ca : certificate renewal
    ... I installed it on a windows 2003 server and I use a windows 2000 pro ... I used the certificate enrollment web site to ask ... And on the ca server I don't know either how to renew a certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Renew a Certificate
    ... I have a virtual machine with windows XP in that machine the renew proces ... certificate can not export the private key. ... another server with Small Busines Server 2003. ...