Re: Terminal services over the Internet

From: SvS (no.spam@spam.com)
Date: 12/15/02

From: "SvS" <no.spam@spam.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:48:14 -0500

Mark,
This is the case.
Cisco 7600 Router ---> 3COM Superstack II Switch --- > Linksys BEFSR41,
Do you mean that configuration will work ?
I tried many times but couldn't get it to work, even though I assigned
static IP's for the linksys.
Is that my mistake ?
Thanks.

"Mark Mancini" <info@mcse2000NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> incorrect....that Linksys will work behind a T1 router no problem by
> configuring it with a static IP. Had to do it in a pinch temporarily! He
> should bumpt TS to 128bit encryption, rename the admin account, and use a
> long password.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hardware Firewall Articles?
    ... > The Linksys WAG54G I am using does have a built in firewall, ... That firewall should be secure, but you've got to be configured properly to ... consultant to look over your configuration. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: linksysdata.com gone
    ... This URL formely has simulations of all Linksys ... many questions on Linksys configuration issues. ... where the web site is now only accessible from ... Judging by the permissions error, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: dyndns and the last hop - trying to set up ssh access to a machine on my LAN
    ... I'm on Verizon DSL using a Westell DSL modem which is configured in ... Behind the Linksys is my home LAN ... I went to dyndns and set up an account, and that seems to be working ... and allow wildcards in the dyndns configuration? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Network Congestion (still....)
    ... but my configuration is as follows: ... Linksys extender, hardwired to a linksys a/g router. ... tried to go completely wireless with less than stellar results. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Router with outbound access control
    ... >> the Linksys routers can manage the task. ... >> one can modify the configuration by sending properly formatted ... I could find no related information on the Siemens ... the router is the URL necessary to establish that configuration. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)