Re: Permision after a Migration from NT to Win 20000!!! HEEELP URGENT!!

From: gaetan@tomassen.nl
Date: 12/11/02

From: <gaetan@tomassen.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:30:35 -0800

the name is
>irrelevant, the name of administrator doesn't really
matter.

>You can troubleshoot your problems one by one, analysing
event log entries
>and taking the fixing action - but you better roll back
and start over.
>Don't forget - NT4 PDC needs to be upgraded first, DNS is
required and
>client workstations need to use the DNS that contains AD
resource location
>info...
>
>Refer to the Domain Migration Cookbook at
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000se
rv/deploy/cookbook
>/cookintr.asp
>
>--
>Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP, MCSE
>-= F1 is the key =-
>
>"Gaetan Leonard" <gaetan@tomassen.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a strange problem by a customer of us since
he
>> migrate from NT to Win 2000 and I will really apreciate
>> some help.
>>
>> The Customer migrate from WIN NT Dutch Version to Win
2000
>> Dutch version,
>>
>> First I would like to know, how big can be the damage
when
>> changing the "Administrator" in Dutch to "Administrator"
>> in English? It seems to me that I'm loosing my
permissions.

>> 1)By de clients workstations is an group made in the
>> administrator group , the details from this group are
>> schow in a form of SID code. This SID code is comming on
>> top with the SID code from de Domains Admins from the
PDC-
>> A.
>> Why?
>>
>> 2)The customer deleted groups and users who ware owners
>> from diffrents maps.He's not allowed any more to take
over
>> the ownership or to open those maps, Is there a way to
>> recover the ownership from those maps?
>>
>> 3)When logging from a client station to the PDC-A
domain,
>> I receive in the event viewer dat the computer name
>> cannot be registerd with the DNS server. Any ideas..?
>>
>> 4)When attributing permission to a map (EX:
>> Administration), the staff will have access only for a
few
>> hours or days, after that I need to re- attribute the
>> permissions again. Why?
>>
>> 5) I cannot add a group or a user from the PDC-A domain
or
>> a group to the client workstation. Any Idea why ..?
>>
>> I really thing that something whent wrong in the
migration
>> and maybe the best solution will be to it again, but I
>> need to know what whent wrong and what happend.
>>
>> PLEASE IS IMPORTANT
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Permision after a Migration from NT to Win 20000!!! HEEELP URGENT!!
    ... As SID only means and the name is ... the name of administrator doesn't really matter. ... client workstations need to use the DNS that contains AD resource location ... > 3)When logging from a client station to the PDC-A domain, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Unknown SID as Administrator
    ... My home PC, running XP Home Edition, was hacked about a ... It told me that I had 3 administrator accounts. ... But whose SID? ... Install a new drive, new ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: EFS on crashed OS
    ... when the client logs on (user account was ... Under the new instance of Windows, import the EFS certificate that should've ... They got a new SID in the new instance ... use the Administrator account to take ownership and then give ownership ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Unknown SID as Administrator
    ... My home PC, running XP Home Edition, was hacked about a ... It told me that I had 3 administrator accounts. ... has it so that its not visible if you go to user accounts. ... But whose SID? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Unknown SID as Administrator
    ... clean install of everything. ... >> has it so that its not visible if you go to user accounts. ... But there was a third administrator ... But whose SID? ...
    (alt.computer.security)