Re: Hackers accessing User list

From: Danny Sanders (Danny.Sanders@cpcmed.org)
Date: 12/09/02

From: "Danny Sanders" <Danny.Sanders@cpcmed.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:53:04 -0700

How do you know that hackers have a list of your usernames?
Any hacker worth their salt will only worry about the Administrator account.

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Wayne" <wmannion@unm.edu> wrote in message
> Right now I am auditing logon and noticed hackers using
> names that are on my user listing. Names that are not
> easy to guess. How can they access the this list? And
> what can I use to prevent them access?

Relevant Pages

  • how do you audit the logon - i would like to see if we have been hacked
    ... Administrator account. ... >DDS W 2k MVP MCSE ... >> Right now I am auditing logon and noticed hackers using ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • security against hackers
    ... ME has nothing to stop hackers, ... and your preference of AV software... ... Unless your running a server of some type, ... to worry about than the rich guy in a castle... ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Can we deny Administrator access to Remote Web Workplace?
    ... Set a strong password for the Administrator account. ... help a little under some circumstances, but hackers can get around this, ... > removing them from the RWW Users security group. ... with SBS 2003 simply disabling or renaming the built-in ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)