Re: AutoLogoff via Time Restrictions...

From: Vidanon (vidanon@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/05/02

From: Vidanon <vidanon@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 23:18:39 GMT

Were the policies I mentioned earlier the right ones to push down ??

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 04:43:13 -0800, Bjørn Lunde
<bjornlunde@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I think, perhaps, you could also in fact do this by
>enabling the forced logoff as a GPO on the servers in
>question, and not on the workstations.
>
>This is, of course, the simplest (and best) solution,
>and my apologies to you for serving you with my original
>suggestion.
>
>In my defence I can only say that the former would (I
>think) also work.
>
>Tell me how it works out.
>
>Yours
>
>Bjørn Lunde

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AutoLogoff via Time Restrictions...
    ... If you have a windows 2000 domain, ... access to resources throught domain user accounts. ... The workstations are in this scenario not members of the ... >Automatically log off users when logon time expires ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Workstations looking for Old Policy
    ... You might be better off getting a Windows XP client with GPMC ... find the offending policy and delete all the links that it has. ... >> Hi Russ ... >>> Our Windows XP Pro workstations are looking for an old policy that was ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Implementing EFS for select users
    ... It depends on if the workstations are Windows 2000 or XP Pro. ... uncheck the box that allows EFS to be used. ... on all computers at the domain level via Group Policy and then add the four ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Strong Password Group Policy not working
    ... It sometimes gives you a little more info on why a gpo wasn't applied. ... >I have one Windows 2003 Active Directory domain with Windows XP and Windows ... the policy is not applied to any of the workstations. ...
  • Strong Password Group Policy not working
    ... I have one Windows 2003 Active Directory domain with Windows XP and Windows ... passwords according to the instructions at ... the policy is not applied to any of the workstations. ...