Re: IPsec Policy to allow web browsing

From: karl [x y] (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 10/12/02

From: "karl [x y]" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:23:12 -0400

I think you really need logging, something IPsec under Win2000 doesn't do at
all.

I recommend using a third party firewall software such as www.sygate.com
instead. Or if you really want to use IPsec, you could run sygate for a
short time to determine what ports are being used, then remove it and use
the information in the sygate logs to build IPsec filters. Or if you don't
like that, use Network Monitor which comes with Windows 2000 [under start,
settings, control panel, add remove programs, add remove windows components]
or any free third party sniffer software such as www.ethereal.com or windump
at http://windump.polito.it to get the same traffic logging.