Re: big boo boo

From: Raymond Sinnappan [MS] (
Date: 10/12/02

From: "Raymond Sinnappan [MS]" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:33:03 -0700

Should be easy to fix. You probably denied interactive-long rights to some
group (most likely "Everyone") that administrator was a member of. You can
fix this using ntrights utility as described in;EN-US;Q276590
ntrights.exe is comes with the Win2k resource kit.

"jim gibson" <> wrote in message
> i recently put a dsl router on my win2000 desktop so i
> could use my win98 laptop online. i wanted to be able to
> use a shared printer on the desktop from the laptop, but
> when i tried to access the desktop from network
> neighborhood it wanted a password and i couldn't figure
> out which one ....
> unfortunately i started mucking around with security
> trying to disable it and now i can't even log on to the
> desktop .... the message says "the local policy of the
> system does not permit you to log on interactively" and
> the administrator password no longer gets me in ....
> what i gather from two technical people is that i changed
> a policy of the group .... one of them says i must wipe
> out my drive and start over ... another says i may be able
> to install a second version of win2000 in another
> directory ...
> is there some other way to correct this or will intalling
> another incidence of win2000 work ... i cannot find my
> original 2000 disk, so either way i would have to come up
> with another ...
> thank you very much ....
> please feel free to call ... cell# 720-434-2604 mountain
> time zone ...

Relevant Pages

  • Local Policy does not let me logon interactively
    ... I cannot logon interactively using administrator. ... accounts, but I cannot logon with administrator here the message I get: ... Local Policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively. ... to fix this problem? ...
  • Re: Admin Password Changed By "UNKNOWN" Cant Get In Anything
    ... > CD's needed to fix the problem. ... Well, first, why did anyone have PHYSICAL access to your computer or the ... unplug all of the "net" wires for right now,, ... If you are one of them, complain to my Administrator! ...
  • Re: Unable to install Project Standard 2007
    ... registry permissions problem. ... After that I was able to start Project 2007 as an administrator but running ... And finally I can start Project with no configuration screens appearing at ... fix the problem so I would start with just those. ...
  • Re: Error number: 0x800A0046
    ... What the hell kind of fix is this? ... > the Authenticated Users to run Windows Update. ... Choose Local Security Policy ... Add the Service and Administrator to the list of Users and Groups. ...
  • Re: Vista Solutions
    ... There is another fix that for me has worked much better than Calvin's fix, ... Running under administrator doesn't change the order the way components are ... They shouldn't be putting the code only in vfp9 sp2, ... > run an app as administrator, ...