Re: Interactive Logon to DC

From: Tibor Biro (tiborbiro@rogers.com)
Date: 08/22/02

From: "Tibor Biro" <tiborbiro@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:21:05 -0700

This simplifies the problem.

Open the Local Policies snap-in (Programs/Administrator
Tools/Local Security Policy) and examine the following
items under Local Policies/User Rights Assignment

Deny logon locally
Log on locally

Pay close attention to the Effective Policy Setting column.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Tibor Biro

with admin rights
>and there is none domain wide policies in effect.
>"Tibor Biro" <tiborbiro@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> If you have access to the machine with an administrator
>> user check the effective policy settings for user logon
>> rights. A domain policy setting might have been set.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tibor Biro

setup.

>> >Any help appreciated.
>> >

>> >.
>> >

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Right & Permissions
    ... i linked the domain controller policy to the ou i created. ... rsop.msc on the workstation i get "invalid namespace error". ... user in AD and have them as a member of the admin group also and when i logon ... to the workstation with that user i do not have admin rights?? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Deny Logon Locally
    ... Do you have another suggestion I could do use with Group Policy? ... >> would also like to add all together deny local users logon. ... >> in the Local Security Policy for each computer under User Rights Deny ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Need a message to show at each logon
    ... Create new policy and edit it. ... Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options. ... "Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to logon" and ... "Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to logon" ...
  • Re: Cant logon to local machine (this computer) as administrator
    ... the logon locally or deny logon locally user right are configured to ... prevent administrator or local users from logging on locally. ... rights for the mentioned user rights. ... "effective" settings the policy came from a higher priority level such as domain and ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Special privileges assigned to new logon??
    ... Be sure to check the user rights also. ... Type 3 logon is a network logon such ... Security Policy and go to local policies/audit policy. ... how do I enable auditing of "account management and policy ...
    (microsoft.public.security)