Group Polocies not being applied

From: Brill Pappin (brillpappin@rogers.com)
Date: 08/19/02

From: "Brill Pappin" <brillpappin@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:59:19 -0400

I've got a Windows 200 Adv. Svr. systems with Windows XP workstations.

The users all have accounts in a separate OU. it appears that the policies
are not being applied to the users or machines at logon.

I've done a few test to try and confirm that's what's happening, including
check that the clients can see the AD server.

Running gpresult /v on a client machine with a valid logged on user does not
return any data at all, it say "Getting the SID Information..." then returns
to the prompt after sever seconds, displaying no data of any sort.

Anyone have any idea why the policies are not getting propagated at logon?

- Brill Pappin

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Group Policies
    ... If it is like a 2000 or XP client machine, it may have to do with the order ... If you haven't used the new Group Policy Management Tool, ... do a Resultant set of policies for a machine and/or user and it will tell ... It can't be used to manage Windows 2000 policies unless it is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Locked out of Win2k Server
    ... policies, 1) the User Right to Log on locally, and Deny ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... > I have a Windows 2000 server as a member server of a Windows 2000 AD ... Now, I can't logon to my member server, either ...
  • RE: companyweb fax edit
    ... Just for clarify that are these clients which are working fine also Windows 7 too, or only this Windows 7 client machine doesn't work? ... please logon with another domain user account and see if the issue persists with other user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is it possible to make changes to a group policy through script?
    ... computer startup and logon" on all Windows XP machines in the network, ... It will cause what you say only when policies are applied, ... Apply the setting to the client machines using a GPO if those machines ... apply this change in an environment consisting of Win2k3 DC's and Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Polocies not being applied
    ... > are not being applied to the users or machines at logon. ... > check that the clients can see the AD server. ... > Running gpresult /v on a client machine with a valid logged on user does ... > Anyone have any idea why the policies are not getting propagated at logon? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)