Group Polocies not being applied

From: Brill Pappin (brillpappin@rogers.com)
Date: 08/19/02

From: "Brill Pappin" <brillpappin@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:59:19 -0400

I've got a Windows 200 Adv. Svr. systems with Windows XP workstations.

The users all have accounts in a separate OU. it appears that the policies
are not being applied to the users or machines at logon.

I've done a few test to try and confirm that's what's happening, including
check that the clients can see the AD server.

Running gpresult /v on a client machine with a valid logged on user does not
return any data at all, it say "Getting the SID Information..." then returns
to the prompt after sever seconds, displaying no data of any sort.

Anyone have any idea why the policies are not getting propagated at logon?

- Brill Pappin