Re: FTP Site won't work

From: Shaolin Tiger (r00t@-reverse-ku.gro.tenkrad)
Date: 08/13/02

From: "Shaolin Tiger" <r00t@-reverse-ku.gro.tenkrad>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:37:54 +0100

Pharmacy <jim.matt@gte.net> dropped ballbearings on his keyboard and
randomly produced :

:: I have not changed my firewall (ISA Server), but I did check that
:: port 21 is "allowed"
::
:: If it wasn't, I wouldn't get prompted for a logon, would I ?
::
:: That's the issue - I get prompted for a logon - if I put in an
:: incorrect logon - it won't accept it.If I put in a correct username
:: and password, it seems to accept it, but no folders are displayed.
::
:: I have tried recreating the folder that holds the FTP data, and
:: reassigning permissions - no good
::
:: This is "flipping me out"

Enable PASV in your FTP client or if it's a homo client tick the option that
says "I'm using a firewall" or something similar.

If this doesn't work you need to reed up on PASV connections and allow the
connections through the firewall.

Regards

Shaolin

--
.: http://www.security-forums.com :.
        Share your knowledge.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ISA SERVER NOT STARTING
    ... I delete the nat/basic firewall and stop and started the RRAS an tried to ... There were no critical events in the DNS Server Log in the last 24 hours. ... An error occurred during logon ... Caller User Name: - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Hidden User Account Created By Disgruntled Room mate.
    ... Be sure you firewall is enabled, if unsure how, go to Help and Support ... i just did that, and tweakui at logon gives me three> options: parse autoexec.bat at logon > show administrator ... >>>>From there you can go to User Accounts in Control ...
  • Re: Network Services/NT Authority
    ... gpedit.msc to access and edit local Group Policy in XP Pro. ... just looking at the firewall settings and not Group Policy firewall ... accounts on your computer via the network which can occur if you are ... for local keyboard interactive logon. ...
  • Re: Attempt Attack
    ... the service they are trying to logon to that match the time of the logon ... Of course for this to work well the times of the firewall and the ... proxy has some logging capability as it may be your firewall. ... I have been noticing computers from domains ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: WebDAV problem with digest authentication behind firewall
    ... is the one from inside the firewall. ... attempt to make a connection to server 192.168.40.19. ... connection and they both got a logon box. ... >> Bernard Cheah ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)