Re: GP0 - Pasword length doesn't ake

From: Patrick Matthews (pgmatthews@msn.com)
Date: 08/01/02

From: "Patrick Matthews" <pgmatthews@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:39:18 -0500

SO what your telling me is that its 'all for one' and "one for all' . hmmmm,
I was afraid of that. Uggggggggh. I have senior officials who want their
password to never expire but everyone else to change at least 3 times a year
AND theirs shouldn't have to meet any length requirements where as everyone
else should be at least 8 characters!! I was hoping to make a OU for them
and just create a GPO for them. Any other ideas??

"Paul Adare" <padare@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> In article <uE8uhtYOCHA.1724@tkmsftngp10>, pgmatthews@msn.com says...
> > I have a GPO assigned to an OU that requires passwords to 9 characters
in
> > length but when a user from that OU logs in and is requested to change
thier
> > password, they can do it with any number of characters?? Any help,
greatly
> > appreciated.
> >

> Password policy, for domain accounts, can only be set in a GPO linked to
> the domain container. If you set password policy in a GPO linked to an
> OU, you are affecting local accounts on any computers in that OU.
>
> --
> Paul Adare
> Everyone is left-handed until they commit their first sin.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GP0 - Pasword length doesnt ake
    ... they can do it with any number of characters?? ... >> Password policy, for domain accounts, can only be set in a GPO linked to ... If you set password policy in a GPO linked to an ... you are affecting local accounts on any computers in that OU. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)