Re: Decrypting files

From: D. Cross [MS] (vaq130@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/29/02

From: "D. Cross [MS]" <vaq130@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 06:54:13 -0700

Not unless you export and import your private key used for EFS.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/administration/recovery/defa
ult.asp

--
David B. Cross [MS]
"jose jurado" <jose.jurado@refroma.com> wrote in message
> I encrypted a folder on win200 pro, but i had to change my
> HD, i copy my encripted folder to the new disk, buy now i
> can't neither access or decrypt the content of this
> folder,  i didn't copy my private certificate.
> Is there any way to decrypt my folder?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Huge folder - Application datamicrosoftcrypto samachine ke
    ... Whenever a certificate request is generated ... that every time this was done a new private key was created in the ... MachineKeys folder and the CA logged a failed certificate request. ... You definitely need to fix the time sync. ...
  • Re: How to decrypt files without the EFS Certificate
    ... IaccidentlydeletetheEFScertificatein "Personal"certificatefor one of my encrypted folder. ... First, it should be noted, that certificate deletion procedure does ... So having private key... the FEK (File Encryption Key) which is actually used for synch algos ...
  • Re: EFS private key on slaved drive
    ... folder is what's encrypted. ... private key even with the password supplied. ... The profile still lies on the drive someplace ... >Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, ...
  • Re: Encryption
    ... I tried all options when importing the key and still ... the case for your copied-to machine, but then that would break things.) ... The private key import for W2k I do not clearly recall at ... I encrypted a folder and copied it to another computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: EFS / moving files
    ... encrypted folder, but still could not copy or open individual files. ... I surmised that perhaps this was an ownership issue, not an encryption ... volume (I do have the certificate and private key under which they ...