FTP ACL

From: nabil (nabil_naim@link.net)
Date: 07/29/02

From: nabil <nabil_naim@link.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:23:54 GMT

Dear All,

i have ftp which access the home folder test. User1, User2, User3 are
subfolders under the main folder test , i want user1 to access only
his folder and can't list others folders ( User2, User3 ) and can't
copy files to the root folder (test).
I do all i can't but the final result i reach is i can prevent user1
from go up and list others folders but he can copy files to root
although he can't list them, this the ACl Which i use

For root folder (test) i create FTP group and give it read/write on
the root folder test, then from advanced menu i add another ACE to
prevent ftp group from list folders.

For subfolder (user1) i give user1 fullcontrol on this folder

but even if user1 can't list root folders but he can upload files on
the root

Can Any one help me ?

Relevant Pages

  • FTP ACL
    ... subfolders under the main folder test, i want user1 to access only ... I do all i can't but the final result i reach is i can prevent user1 ... For root folder i create FTP group and give it read/write on ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: FTP ACL
    ... > subfolders under the main folder test, i want user1 to access only ... > copy files to the root folder. ... > I do all i can't but the final result i reach is i can prevent user1 ... > prevent ftp group from list folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Script: Network share problems
    ... It took some researching on Microsoft website to fix the problem ... In order to copy all the files from the root folder without ... Since you don't have any error handling enabled in your script, ... ' Delete all files in subfolders ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.wmi)
  • Re: file object help requested
    ... required to check for text files, and MsgBox if there are none. ... sub-folder containing text files). ... for each sub-folder in root folder ... 'Produce output for subfolders containing text files ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • file object help requested
    ... My script requirements are to access a root folder on a drive ... required to check for text files, and MsgBox if there are none. ... sub-folder containing text files). ... 'Produce output for subfolders containing text files ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)