Re: Native Mode and Win9x/NT Clients Authentication

From: Laura A. Robinson (firstinitiallastname@technologist.com)
Date: 07/27/02

From: "Laura A. Robinson" <firstinitiallastname@technologist.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 06:44:45 -0400

circa Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:49:57 -0500, in
microsoft.public.win2000.dns, Fred Yarbrough (fyarbrou@yahoo.com)
said,
> Thanks for all of your inputs. I guess that I got confused in the original
> article that I found on the GIAC.org site that said
> "Keep in mind that NTLM is not available in Native mode. "

Ah. That would, indeed, be incorrect.

> From what you are saying and what I have read now elsewhere, NTLM IS
> supported in Native mode, it is just not the prefered authentication method.

Again, native/mixed mode has nothing to do with authentication
methods or with clients.

Laura

--
One man's mundane and boring existence is another man's Technicolor.
-Tick, Strange Days