Re: Native Mode and Win9x/NT Clients Authentication

From: Laura A. Robinson (firstinitiallastname@technologist.com)
Date: 07/27/02

From: "Laura A. Robinson" <firstinitiallastname@technologist.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 06:44:45 -0400

circa Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:49:57 -0500, in
microsoft.public.win2000.dns, Fred Yarbrough (fyarbrou@yahoo.com)
said,
> Thanks for all of your inputs. I guess that I got confused in the original
> article that I found on the GIAC.org site that said
> "Keep in mind that NTLM is not available in Native mode. "

Ah. That would, indeed, be incorrect.

> From what you are saying and what I have read now elsewhere, NTLM IS
> supported in Native mode, it is just not the prefered authentication method.

Again, native/mixed mode has nothing to do with authentication
methods or with clients.

Laura

--
One man's mundane and boring existence is another man's Technicolor.
-Tick, Strange Days

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Active Directory Security Migration Questions:
    ... Native Mode AD. ... you can then move over the authentication protocol to Kerberos ... look at group policy and search for NTLM. ... mode fresh install without going through Mixed mode to verify. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: a system in a native mode, support NTLM?
    ... "Sergio Sánchez" wrote in message ... > we want to migrate a system that is in a mixed mode to native mode. ... > users with NTLM protocol. ...
  • Re: a system in a native mode, support NTLM?
    ... >> we want to migrate a system that is in a mixed mode to native mode. ... >> users with NTLM protocol. ... >> Could a system in native mode, support NTLM or NTML don´t exist in native ...
  • Re: NTLM on Native Domain
    ... I'm not sure what part of documentation states that you can disable NTLM - ... Maybe the doco means that in native mode trusts between domains ... >>Peter, NTLM is still enabled in native AD mode - and you can't disable ... >>unauthorised access to your network. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: ntlm
    ... NTLM is still used for down level clients. ... means the DCs will no longer talk to NT4 DCs. ... > We are thinking about switching from Windows 2000 mixed to native mode. ... We still have some downlevel clients with those being Windows NT ...