webcomp.exe

From: Tom Bigford (tom@bigford.net)
Date: 07/27/02

From: "Tom Bigford" <tom@bigford.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:03:58 -0700

Hi All... don't know if this is the right group...

The other morning i noticed my cpu was chugging like hell -
close to 100% usage - i looked and had not much going on -
so i shut down every thing running - went to the Windows
Task Manager and looked - sure enough it was still running
like mad - so i looked at processes - the only one that
looked wierd was something called webcomp.exe. It was
getting all the attention as far as i could see...

I went to google and searched on webcomp.exe and came up
with a msdn article which said -"Download code for this
article: webcomp.exe" - implying that the code was in
webcomp.exe.

Anyone shed any light on this - is webcomp.exe really "code
from this article" or is it a running process?

If it *is* supposed to be a runing process - who is running
it and for what?

I am running win2K on an athlon XP1800+ with 512M of DDR
ram and lots of other stuff ...

anybody???

TIA - Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does a Repair Install Affect Performance?
    ... I downloaded and ran ccleaner. ... CPU shot up to 80%+ for about 12 seconds while it started. ... image name producing the high CPU usage, right click, ... Yes it is a Dell - a Dimension 4600 installed December 2004. ...
  • Re: CPU Pegged at 100%
    ... So, the system appears to be clean, and yet a huge amount of cpu appears to ... Did you disable McAfee and Windows Defender before running Housecall? ... Even when a programme with a memory leak is ... You can check pagefile usage more directly using pagefilemon. ...
  • RE: Taskmgr using more CPU time than normal
    ... I understand that the task manager used 15-30% CPU ... CPU usage is related with many factors, ... Test in Clean Boot environment ... Windows XP can still be used in Windows 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CPU Pegged at 100%
    ... Even when a programme with a memory leak is closed the ... You can check pagefile usage more directly using pagefilemon. ... The basis of your complaint is that CPU is pegged at 100%. ... I think that McAfee had said that it ...
  • Re: CPU Pegged at 100%
    ... via VZAccess Manager I get spikes of 45-70% CPU usage, ... On the memory leak front, wouldn't I see the total RAM used slowly creeping ... You can check pagefile usage more directly using pagefilemon. ... I think that McAfee had said that it ...