Re: check disk security problems

From: Kristofer Gafvert (
Date: 07/25/02

From: "Kristofer Gafvert" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:49:35 +0200

The error i'm getting when trying to use Server Magic is "Error 1527: bad
update sequence number". I have now run chkdsk /f on the partition, but that
didn't help. Any suggestions?

Kristofer Gafvert

"Kristofer Gafvert" <> wrote in message
> I had to resize my d: and used server magic. That ended up with error, and
> when i then rebooted into win again things started to get strange. The
> thing i noticed was that sql server wont start, due to log on failure.
> Well, i dont care about that, i can reinstall it or something. The big
> is that i cant run check disk. When i start it i get this msg:
> ------
> The dick check could not be performed because exclusive access to the
> could not be obtained. Do you want to schedule this disk check to occur
> next time you restart the computer?
> ------
> I'm logged on as a user within the administrator group, and i can run
> disk on other drives. This is a stand alone server and not member of a
> domain.
> Please help, i really have to resize this partition.
> Regards,
> Kristofer Gafvert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... the PHYSICAL DISK number, ... Partition and Boot Volume as well as other things. ... You should, at any one time, see ONE System Partition and ONE Boot Volume - ... for the typical two floppy drives and assigning Drive C: ...
  • Re: Boot Problem
    ... Right mouse click the dest disk> Advanced> Edit ... but it should eventually boot to Windows. ... I see a lot of posts in here about the ability of Acronis to clone drives. ... I have managed to successfully copy by DELETING partition, ...
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... OS on a separate partition. ... the PHYSICAL DISK number, ... You should, at any one time, see ONE System Partition and ONE Boot ... The name stuck when we added hard disk drives, ...
  • Re: A Dual-boot question; I thought C was always the partition with the running OS
    ... The Server 2003 will then call its partion "C:" Local Disk. ... When Server 2003 starts up, it will call itself "C:" and it will call the WinXP partition "E:", but again, who cares? ... The OS then assigns drive letters to the first primary partition recognized on each successive hard disk. ... Because they're on separate hard drives, ...
  • Re: HDD speeds
    ... relatively small first partition with the OS crap (and, ... the highest sdtr part of the disk, the start of the disk space on the ... bespoke partition space will have much less impact than if they could ... Ecogreen drives make more sense for an always on NAS ...