check disk security problems

From: Kristofer Gafvert (webmaster@ilopia.cjb.net)
Date: 07/24/02

From: "Kristofer Gafvert" <webmaster@ilopia.cjb.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:59:17 +0200

I had to resize my d: and used server magic. That ended up with error, and
when i then rebooted into win again things started to get strange. The first
thing i noticed was that sql server wont start, due to log on failure.

Well, i dont care about that, i can reinstall it or something. The big issue
is that i cant run check disk. When i start it i get this msg:
------
The dick check could not be performed because exclusive access to the drive
could not be obtained. Do you want to schedule this disk check to occur the
next time you restart the computer?
------

I'm logged on as a user within the administrator group, and i can run check
disk on other drives. This is a stand alone server and not member of a
domain.
Please help, i really have to resize this partition.

Regards,
Kristofer Gafvert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sunmanagers Digest, Vol 22, Issue 12
    ... series server. ... B B B B B i want to do install one more solaris Over there. ... Solaris cannot see all drives on Areca RAID controller ... popped it (a single disk at this point) into machine1. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • hai...find me a solution in M5000 server
    ... series server. ... B B B B B i want to do install one more solaris Over there. ... Solaris cannot see all drives on Areca RAID controller ... popped it (a single disk at this point) into machine1. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Advice needed, hard drive 0 is failing on a RAID1 SBS2003 server, any tips welcome because Ive n
    ... So far no more disk error events either. ... I will be able to get on site at a convenient time for the customer within a week and restart the server and go into the BIOS and see the state of the disks. ... > Pair of Maxtor PATA hard drives in RAID1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Server Locks Up at Exactly 4% into a Disk Sychronization
    ... It ended up being hardware. ... and the new server worked perfectly. ... second physical disk, and added it as a mirror to the first. ... mirroring drives is out side the scope of our support." ...
  • Re: Help! - No usable space, but plenty of unallocated space!!
    ... this case, since you only have the C: partition formatted, the secondary ... your server going until you troubleshoot and implement a fix. ... SCSI drives and I think there is a hardware RAID implementation (Dont ... Each hard disk is about 35GB, giving me a total of 70GB. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)