More Granular Security

From: Ken Illingsworth (illingsk@cityofrochester.gov)
Date: 07/23/02

From: "Ken Illingsworth" <illingsk@cityofrochester.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:37:06 -0700

We have two developers using Terminal Services Clients to
administer a Win2k member server in a workgroup. Since
they are using Terminal Services in Administrative mode,
they both are members of the local Administrators group.
One of the developers indicated that they were interested
in more granular security to help prevent access to each
others directories.

My question is: Is there any way to introduce more
granularity in the servers security without disrupting
their ability to remote control into a server session?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Relevant Pages

  • Rights to administer IIS?
    ... If I want to set up a user with full access to administer the IIS functions ... on the server through terminal services, ...
  • Rights to administor IIS?
    ... If I want to set up a user with full access to administer the IIS functions ... on the server through terminal services, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • REmote desktop for admin needs license
    ... We have been using remote desktop to administer several Windows 2003 servers ... have terminal services licenseing (we don't user terminal services for ... We staarted up terminal server licensing ... don't need a license to use remote desktop for administration. ...
  • Re: Time zone redirection
    ... Administration and full-blown Terminal Services. ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... client connections:-O. ... Well - obviously that does not work in Remote Desktop Admin mode ...
  • RE: Terminal Services
    ... I understand that you want to have staff log ... we cannot make SBS to work as terminal server. ... why you cannot find Terminal Services in Add/Remove Windows Components. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)