Re: security on iis 5 open port router

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran)
Date: 07/23/02

From: jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:31:45 GMT

>I am setting here behind the Raptor firewall getting a response back from
>the Gibson website. So based on the Gibson site, that would make Raptor a
>piece of junk too.
>The whole Gibson thing is a joke. The sooner you realize that, the better
>off you will be.

No, the sooner people realize what the Gibson tests are and do, the
better everyone will be. Nobody can run those tests and say "I'm
secure" because they don't cover all possibilities. And nobody should
panic if there is an open port or service, it might just be a port you
want open.

Security isn't an action, it's a process.