NetUserChangePassword in GINA

From: SirJorj (sirjorj@stavesacre.removethis.com)
Date: 07/19/02

From: "SirJorj" <sirjorj@stavesacre.removethis.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:58:56 -0500

Greetings. I am currently working on a new GINA for Biometric
authentication and I have stumbled upon a strange issue. I cannot get the
NetUserChangePassword to work in the GINA. In the NetUserChangePassword
entry in the SDK, theres an example under the 'Remarks' heading. I built
this and it works, but when I try to call NetUserChangePassword in the GINA,
it returns the following error:

      1351 Configuration information could not be read from the domain
controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been
denied. ERROR_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

I have tried using ImpersonateLoggedOnUser but that didnt change anything.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanx

jorj

Relevant Pages

  • NetUserChangePassword in GINA
    ... I am currently working on a new GINA for Biometric ... authentication and I have stumbled upon a strange issue. ... NetUserChangePassword to work in the GINA. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Authentication before windows login
    ... > delay' the login is to write a replacement of the gina. ... > your new gina can invoke the default gina once its done. ... biometric fingerprint device and we want to authenticate users by using ... On successfull authentication the user shall ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: Rechner bootet nicht merh nach Systemwiederherstellung
    ... Zwecks Graka, ich hatte ursprünglich, also Auslieferungszustand, eine nvidia Graka, die ich, weil sie nicht mehr funktionierte, durch eine ATI Rage 128 Pro ersetzte und seit ca. 3 Wochen habe ich diese Rage Pro durch die ATI Radeon 1600 Pro ersetzt. ... "Note Most STOP 0xC000021A errors occur because Winlogon.exe fails, which typically occurs because of a faulty third-party Graphical Identification and Authentication (GINA) DLL. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • Re: multiple GINA
    ... Microsoft XP sp2 supports user input password and smart card authentication. ... every gina must have the possibility to call the "previous" ... SO WHAT IS THE GENERAL PRACTICE WHEN THERE ARE CHANCE OF MULTIPLE GINA ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Using Thumbdrive As Login token
    ... You could write your own GINA. ... There is support for smartcard logon already if you're trying to get an ... additional authentication factor. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)