ACL and NetUserSetInfo

From: Tony (Tony@nospam.com)
Date: 07/15/02

From: "Tony" <Tony@nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:32:06 -0700

The best and the easiest way to change passwords in
Active Directory is to use ADSI as you can connect
directly to the database and read/make changes.

For more info, go to
url=/library/en-
us/netdir/adsi/active_directory_service_interfaces_adsi.as
p?frame=true

There are lots of info and examples here that shows you
how to do things.

of remote user
>management. Service was installed and
>started on several different computers, using Windows
2000, Windows XP, and
>there was no problems.
>
>I'm using NetUserSetInfo API for password changing. On
Windows 2000 Server
>with Active Directory I allways
>get error no 87 (Invalid Parameter). As you described in
Platform SDK
>(August 2001.) there could be a problem
>using this API on machine with Active Directory.
Further, I need to set up
>security descriptors for this service
>and allow service to change passwords......
>
>Could you help me with this?? How to do that?? I was
reading help files and
>some books regarding Active Directory,
>without success.
>
>Best regards, Dalibor!
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • ACL and NetUserSetInfo
    ... started on several different computers, using Windows 2000, Windows XP, and ... I'm using NetUserSetInfo API for password changing. ... using this API on machine with Active Directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Cannot change user passwords in SBS 2003
    ... I cannot change passwords for any domain user in SBS "Active Directory ... Please note that until now the server didn't have any ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Cannot change user passwords in SBS 2003
    ... I cannot change passwords for any domain user in SBS "Active Directory Users ... and Computers". ... Start/Run ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: AD sites and services
    ... A search for "Active Directory Sites" yeilds the following: ... After an Unsuccessful Domain Controller Demotion" ... http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=220140 "FRS Replication Protocol and Topology ... Windows 2000 Domain Controllers" ...
  • Re: Migration AD from Windows 2000 to 2003
    ... Do you want to migrate or upgrade the existent Forest? ... Best Practice Active Directory Design for Managing Windows Networks ... Windows Server 2003 Tools ...