Automatic logon

From: Tony (Tony@nospam.com)
Date: 07/15/02

From: "Tony" <Tony@nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:40:41 -0700

>From the Start menu, choose Run.
1. In the Open box, type REGEDT32.EXE, and then choose OK
to start the Registry Editor.
2. From the Window menu, choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and
then open the following subkey:
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
3. If the AutoAdminLogon entry appears in the subkey,
double-click the entry and skip to step 7. If it does not
appear, choose Add Value from the Edit menu.
4. In the Value Name box, type AutoAdminLogon.
5. In the Data Type box, select REG_SZ, and then choose
OK.
6. In the String box, type 1, and then choose OK.
7. From the Edit menu, choose Add Value.
8. In the Value Name box, type DefaultPassword.
9. In the String box, type the password for the default
user, and then choose OK.
10. Check the string values of the entries
LegalNoticeCaption and LegalNoticeText. If there is any
text in either of these entries, you must remove it for
automatic logon to occur.
11. From the Registry menu, choose Exit to save the
changes and close the Registry Editor.

users
>remotely connecting are without internet. So, if anyone
>out there knows how to enable automatic logon of the
>administrator, please, let me know.
>
>Regards,
>Joe.
>
>P.S. incase anyone of you wants to suggest going to
users
>in the control panel, can't do that, cuz this is win2k
>Server... it doesn't have that utility like prof.
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automatic logon
    ... In the String box, type 1, and then choose OK. ... > changes and close the Registry Editor. ... >>server to reboot on such stop errors. ... >>out there knows how to enable automatic logon of the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: FP2002 Guestbook
    ... >> There are some known bugs the FrontPage 2002 server extensions. ... >> FrontPage Users Forums: ... Use Registry Editor at your own risk. ... >>> CacheMaxDocMeta ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • RE: Trust Relationships problem nt4->2003
    ... I want to know the ip addresses on the NT server and Win2k3 server. ... Place a check in the box for FILE AND PRINTER SHARING FOR MICROSOFT ... 325874 How To Establish Trusts with a Windows NT-Based Domain in Windows ... If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, ...
  • RE: printer installation
    ... Based on my research, this behavior occurs because Windows NT Server 4.0, ... time-out period for the autodisconnect feature. ... Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SOS! RPC over HTTPS fails all of a sudden on my SBS2003.....
    ... use the registry editor Regedit.exe to modify the registry entry that is causing the problem. ... In Server Management, click the Fax node, and then click Configure Fax Services. ... Changes in RPC client/server behavior in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 cause the ISA Server RPC filter to deny RPC access to computers running Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1. ... An open letter to the Security Community:: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)