User ID policies

From: Mark Landin (mark.landin@tdwilliamson.com)
Date: 07/15/02

From: mark.landin@tdwilliamson.com (Mark Landin)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:04:50 GMT

There are couple of different schemes a company can use to create user
ids for use in a network. Are there some generally accepted "best
practices" when it comes to defining a user id scheme as it relates to
security? (For instance, I suppose a totally randomized userid would
be most secure because it would remove the hacker's ability to
determine any kind of userid patten and thus make cracking attempts
more difficult ... but from the user and admin perspective it's not
very palatable...)

Relevant Pages

  • User ID policies
    ... There are couple of different schemes a company can use to create user ... ids for use in a network. ... practices" when it comes to defining a user id scheme as it relates to ... I suppose a totally randomized userid would ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: User ID policies
    ... >There are couple of different schemes a company can use to create user ... >ids for use in a network. ... >practices" when it comes to defining a user id scheme as it relates to ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: User ID policies
    ... >There are couple of different schemes a company can use to create user ... >ids for use in a network. ... >practices" when it comes to defining a user id scheme as it relates to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Remote Connection Error
    ... yes its the same IP schemes. ... >> Do you have a router associated with the remote network? ... >> Is your remote computer on a network with the same IP scheme as ... >>> connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Y&R - The evolution of Michael Baldwin
    ... I know he practices every avenue of law there is which is not ... Gloria's schemes, etc. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)